Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Friday, December 21, 2012

Designate at the Christmas Dinner table

Here is a little philosophy for you…

Years ago I found myself doing most of the clean up after Christmas Dinner was over.. I would start clearing while most everyone sat at the table while I worked around them.. I would get so upset that no one just volunteered to help.. After years and years of this I finally said to different family/friends that had attended, “could you please get the plates cleared scarped and ready to go into the dishwasher" ? Another couple of people asked them to please bring in the left over food, etc… I found that if you “designate/ask” your guests to help, they feel more included. Not always do people just know what to do, but if you “direct” them, they are usually more than happy to help. And now that you have all this help, you have brought the party into the kitchen with you, or you can sit down and enjoy the festivities at the table.. Smile
I hope this helps you this Christmas or for future dinner parties you may have.


Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment