Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Crazy/Busy week 12/1-12/9

Of all weeks to be sick!!!?? DANG!!
Our Christmas Party was a wonderful success! Had fantastic turnout in spite the “storm of the century”!! <<well maybe not that bad, but it was blowing (50mph gusts!), pouring rain, fog, etc. went all night.. In spite of all that our family & friends came.. Great people you know..Smile
Sunday spent the day cleaning up from the party.. Monday was our dinner at the Moose, Lasagna. When I woke Monday morning, could feel this slight tickle in my throat with an occasional cough..uumm..?? But I proceeded to get my lasagna’s out of the freezer to thaw for the Monday night dinner. We also got all the pre-orders all together and marked for delivery. Soon 3pm rolled around and off to the Moose we went, food in hand.
Got the ovens going when we got into the kitchen and started the large trays of Lasagna that I had made up early in November in anticipation of this dinner. Thank God I did all this prep way before hand with everything that has been going on for the past month. It was nice to be prepared. We made us some green salad, sliced some bread, had some dessert on hand and we were good to go! Ev was my helper, Laura took the money and served through the window.. After dinner Doc helped with a few cleanup details as well.. Thinking we had about 35 or so people and the with all the pre-orders we did pretty well..

It was a profitable dinner.. Smile
After clean up we headed home and I could feel that tickle and cough was escalating..By the time I woke up on Tuesday morning, I had a bad sore throat and horrible cough.. just terrific! Tried to take it easy all day on Tuesday, had some things to get done, like pay the property taxes!! OMG! After doing that I really became ill!
Most of the rest of the day stayed on the couch watching Christmas movies and eating “bon bons’.. hahaha just kidding.. just wanted to see if you were paying attention..
My wonderful sweet husband while in Clearlake picked up some chicken soup for me..Smile what a great guy he is..
We have quite the itinerary this week. However it looks like I might not make the Bakers Luncheon on Thursday in Oakland?? But knowing me? I am afraid I might miss something? so I will probably go.. :) Thinking I should stay home ? Then Friday go down to Lindsy’s.. My sister is having a dinner on Friday night celebrating her daughter’s homecoming from Hawaii. However she will be returning to Hawaii on Monday..
The next big day, Saturday is over at Toni & Phil’s for Olive picking.. This will be the first time to do this.. so not sure what to expect. Sounds fun and like a lot of work.. Start time is 9am till?? well into evening.. Hopefully it won’t rain.. Sad smile I just want to be all better for all these activities!!
This week the lap top crashed.. Ev took it in and had to have it fixed.. I designed the New Year’s Eve flyer for the Moose and also designed their tickets for the event..

newyearr2013pic
Hope your holiday season is going well.. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Hope to get started on my yearly newsletter soon.. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment