Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Friday, December 7, 2012

Bakers Retiree Luncheon

Early on in November our dear Friend Lee suffered a stroke. He was of course hospitalized. He suffered damage on his right side, for which it is all nearly come back after a grueling 3 weeks of therapy at John Muir in Walnut Creek.
After visiting him in early November at hospital he reminded me of the upcoming  retiree’s luncheon in December for which Lee is the President/secretary/treasurer/etc., he is the only officer.. surely something is wrong in this picture..??
There was no way he could get the letters/mailing out to the members, so I offered to take care of it. So before we left Walnut Creek that day we stopped by his house and picked up the needed supplies and information I needed to get a couple of letters typed up and mailed out to the membership (120 approx.) reminder of the upcoming luncheon December 6th at Francesco’s in Oakland.
Lee came home about a week before the luncheon so he was able to attend the luncheon. We left home early on Thursday morning so we could stop and pick up some Poinsettia's for raffle/gifts for the luncheon, picked up Lee from his place in Walnut Creek and drove over to Oakland to Francesco’s restaurant.
When we arrived at the restaurant it was all decorated so beautifully, very festive. We were in a private room for our group that had a lovely Christmas tree. I guess we probably had about 50 people at the luncheon. It turned out very nice..
We took Lee back home to Walnut Creek and then headed over to Lindsy & Chris in Petaluma for the busy weekend ahead!

008

Pictured left to right: Wesley, Lee, Everett, Linda and Roger
More photos of the event below

No comments:

Post a Comment