Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas with Jim & Shirley

Oh last minute me, called Jim & Shirley and asked them to come for dinner here on Thursday evening 12/20 and they said they would love to!! Yipeee..
I really kind of wanted to do some experimental cooking that night and they were my guinea pigs.. Smile 
We started out the evening in the bar with Martini’s and Ev having his every infamous Rob Roy.
esq-rob-roy-cocktail-022410-lg

Meanwhile I had started dinner before they arrived. I was serving Roasted Pork Tenderloin with a rub and fresh rosemary on top, while it baked for 35 minutes. Then I made this lovely light sauce with chicken broth, canned whole cranberry, fresh rosemary, onion, simmered and reduced it. I was also serving rosemary potatoes (potatoes cut into 4 wedges, olive oil, salt/pepper and fresh rosemary). Salad was romaine lettuce, apples, dried cranberries, green onion and some walnuts topped with a raspberry dressing.. uummm and some cranberry muffins.. The pork tenderloin was cooked to perfection, tenderrrrr… and the light sauce over the top of it was delic!! You could cut it with your fork it was so tender and the flavor was outstanding..
Jim & Shirley said to me at one point cause they had taken us to dinner last month at the Boars Breath in Middletown, that he was embarrassed that their food didn’t even come close to what we had served them tonight.. I thought was such a wonderful compliment!! Our dinner at the Boars Breath was great!! no complaints here!! I was in heaven after paying me such a wonderful compliment! And it really was wonderful!!
You two are pretty special yourselves!! Merry Christmas!!105

No comments:

Post a Comment