Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day trip to Seattle/Lunch

Our plan for today is to meet Janelle for lunch in Seattle and visit Pikes Place Market.
Actually our day started out a bit stressful. As soon as Maddi and were in the “benz” the “flat tire light” came on..I called Rick and he directed me to a place in Sumner where they checked it out and then we were off. Next stop Seattle.. Or so I thought.. I should have used the rest room before I left the tire place, so looked for a place along the freeway and took an exit. When coming back to get on to the freeway I discovered I had been going “south” instead of “north” to Seattle.. 40 minutes out of our way.. dang it’s hell to get old! By the time we arrived at Pikes Market Place it was Noon and we would meet Janelle at 1 at the “gum wall”.
Maddi and tried to rush through the Market Place.. There were sooooooooooooo many people I had Maddi hold my hand so we wouldn’t get separated. It was horrible the amount of people.. Can’t really see too much or enjoy shopping when it is like that..
Soon Maddi and made our way to the “Gum Wall” on Post Alley. OMG, gross..
080

We had a nice surprise when we landed at the “gum wall”, Janelle had invited her new “bow”, Eddie to join us. He didn’t work to far from where she was working.. Smile 

gum wall
Soon we were on our way to the Red Robbin for Lunch on the waterfront in Seattle..
We had a nice lunch over looking the sound.. The weather was still awful really.. Mostly overcast and a few drizzles here and there.
When Maddi and I arrived I parked the little red car in front of an antique store.. Sign was posted for Antique shoppers only.. So we did a little shopping.. When we came back from lunch little red car was gone!!! TOWED! I was so upset! But kept my cool..(if that is what you want to call it, this was the only way I could think). Let Janelle know I had been towed, she in turn called Eddie was just getting off work. He was so kind to come and get it and take us to the towing place! Bless his heart! He stayed with us during the whole process of trying to get the car back. Instead of going into all the damaging details, I will spare you this. However I will share with you that it is like a “brutal mugging” and it is legal!!! After 2 hours and bunch of “crap” and $305.00 later we were finally on our way. BTW the city of Seattle gets $130.00 of that money! A legal way to brutalize their tourists…Eddie stayed with us the whole time.. Smile Thank you so much!!
Due to the late hour we would now get stuck in a nightmare of traffic. We finally arrived back at Rick & Lynn’s about 7pm..
I guess I should have figured that the day didn’t start out too well, should have turned around after we found that there was something wrong with the tires.. Sad smile Sure took the wind out of my sails..

No comments:

Post a Comment