Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rossmoor at Walnut Creek

Our friend Lee Barry moved over the weekend to a wonderful retirement living community nearby Walnut Creek/Lafayette area called Rossmoor. Rossmoor is approx. 7,000 retired people.
Lee asked us to do some shopping at Costco before we arrived on Sunday. Loaded up the Toyota.. Arrived early afternoon at Lee’s new condo.. Lee’s sister Bonnie and her husband Terry were there as well, trying to help Lee get settled.
Lee’s place is cute.. it is a 2 bedroom/1 bath, approx. 1050 sq feet, upper level, nice views of the trees. Very quite, seems rural lots of wild life, turkeys, geese, dear, squirrels, etc.. everywhere!
We helped out getting things put away, organized and cleaned that afternoon. Lee too us to dinner at?? OMG forgot the name of the place.. I know it was a sports bar in Walnut Creek and it was packed! Ok.. looked it up, it is called McCovey’s Sport Bar.. dahhh We had a very nice dinner there.  Lots of fun things going on there!
002

006

I was perfectly horrible about taking pics over the couple of days that we were there.. too busy working I guess?
So what you see above, is it!
Monday morning when my feet hit the floor I started working cleaning, emptying boxes, organizing boxes, hanging pictures, etc.. Ev & Lee went to McDonalds got us breakfast while I tried to get as much done as I could before showering and getting ready for the rest of day to meet friends for lunch and get home. I felt that we made good headway getting things put away, etc.. Lee mainly needed to put more personal items away. I think he was pretty tired when we left. at about 2pm.
Before we came down to Walnut Creek, friends George and Carol asked if we would have time to meet for lunch at a place called “Chow” in Lafayette? While driving down on Sunday I “texted” them and let them know that would be the perfect ending to our day on Monday! And beside George & Carol just got back from a fabulous cruise in the orient!!
We met them at the restaurant “Chow” and it was so great to see them! They already looked rested and they had only been home less than a week! We got and gave great hugs to both! Listened to some wonderful stories they shared with us about their trip!! Be sure to visit Carol & George’s blog at >>
candgtravels or http://cngtravels.blogspot.com/ << Carol is the photographer in the family and takes some very detailed/beautiful photos, however not to say that George doesn’t also take wonderful pictures too!! We just had the nicest visit with them! They are exciting and fun people! Their next trip is the “Kentucky Derby” again!!  Tally Ho!!
(Carol and I both didn’t take pictures on Monday)..

No comments:

Post a Comment