Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hike to Frog Pond via Cache Creek Regional Park


We were having breakfast and talking about what we were going to do today. The weather is so beautiful today, expected highs in the mid 70’s!! I had the idea to “drive” up by Chico/Paradise area and then up on the Feather River… Ev said we should go to Cache Creek and hike (hiking is more healthy, so we opted to hike).. So we packed up a lunch, us and the dogs and off we went. We got to the park about 11am and we were on our way. The weather was perfect! I wore shorts and tank top, Ev started out with long sleeves, however soon the long sleeve shirt came off. We took both Ripley and Kaylee with us.. Kaylee just rips through the trails like they’re flat and Ripley with his bad back knee got to hitch a ride with “Mom” or “Dad”.. Mom has the “puppy pack” so it is easy to take him.. Of course when I was packing him up hill it was quite the workout! We had a nice lunch (tuna sandwiches) at the pond, where we could see and hear the frogs!! Nice hike.. On a scale of 1 to 5, and 5 being the most difficult, I would say it was about a 2 hike. We hiked 5 miles round trip up to Frog Pond..
We found out about a new website today it is called www.yolohiker.org .. This website shows all the places where you can hike in Yolo County, that is one county down from us..  Lake County, CA hiking trails is>> http://www.lakecounty.com/things/Nature/Trails.htm 

No comments:

Post a Comment