Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Sunday, December 15, 2013

San Francisco/Union Square at Christmas Time

For the past 7 years or so I have tried to get into the Donatello at Union Square at Christmas time. It seems like I always think about making the reservations way to late.. So this year I called in February to get reservations and I got them! I got 3 rooms for 2 nights. One for Rich & Judy, one for Larry & Lynn and of course one for us.. Smile
Lynn made all the reservations for dinner and the show, Beach Blanket Babylon.
We arrived in SF at the Donatello mid-afternoon on Tuesday Dec 10th. We tried to check in when arrived but they weren’t ready for us yet. So we left our things with the bell captain and off to the shoe store we went, DSW! 4 floors of shoes!! Heaven!! Donatello called while we were shopping to let us know our room was ready.. Our room not the other two, so we just put everyone’s luggage in our room had some horderves and then headed to dinner downstairs at the Zingari’s.
we stopped off in the bar for Martini’s, etc.. Lynn’s son Anthony also dropped by to have a drink with us all.
Nice atmosphere, food is pretty good not crazy about the owner, a bit stuffy.. Overall it was nice.. We partied pretty good that night.. Imagine that?

After dinner and drinks Ev and I walked down into Union Square to enjoy the beautiful huge Christmas tree. People were ice skating on the seasonal ice rink. There were lots and lots of people!! And it was late like 10pm! We also went into Macy’s and walked through.. everything was so pretty! Loved our walk..

We got back to the room probably around 11 or so.
When I woke up in the morning had a sore throat! Sad smile Coming down with something for sure.. We had our breakfast in the room. We had all decided to be on our own for the day of shopping.
Ev and I headed to Macy’s. Even in the day time hours the square was so festive. We shopped at Macy’s for awhile.. found a few things for Ev. I didn’t’ find anything for myself.. that is amazing.. Smile From Macy’s we went back to DSW the totally amazing show store! 4 floors! and you would think I could find a pair of shoes!? nope they didn’t have my size in the shoes that I wanted.. However, Ev found some shoes. His shopping day was a success! We headed back to the room about 230 or so.. rested up before meeting everyone at the bar about 4pm so we could go to dinner over in North Beach and then onto the show, Beach Blanket Babylon. By this time I was starting to feel even worse, the cold I was catching was getting hold of me good! But took some meds and tried to make the best of it. we went to Vicoletto, it was pasta. We were the only ones there for awhile, then a party of about 10 men came in from Oracle. One of the gentlemen took a liking to us all and I believe his name was Matteo.. He posed in some of our photos.. He was funny..


From dinner we walked over to theatre where we would see Beach Blanket Babylon.. It was really cold and I didn’t’ bring a jacket.. With getting sick and not wearing a jacket was not to smart on my part. So Ev being the wonderful husband he is, gave me his coat.. Smile What a guy!!
We had great seats at the show! (thanks to Lynn) The show was wonderful and funny! However I wasn’t feeling well at all.. I feel like I didn’t really get to fully enjoy the play cause I was feeling so lousy!

057
We soon got a taxi and back to the hotel we went. We went straight up to bed..
We all met up in the morning and partied ways.. Rich & Judy had their car and Larry & Lynn were with us.. We were home in no time, even with the few stops we had…
Great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment