Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pre-Christmas Celebration at the Swesey’s

As I had said in an earlier post we kidnapped our dear friend Donnie from his sister Gayle. We got him for a couple of days! Donnie arrived on Saturday early afternoon. Of course I was still primping when he arrived.. dang hate that when that happens.. oh well.. Had Donnie come sit on the side of the bathtub in our bath while I continued to put make up on. Smile
While he was sitting there, he said “did you know your cupboard door” needs adjustment? and of course I answered yes I know.. So went to the kitchen and got him a screw driver so he could keep busy while finished up the important stuff.. and the plus is that my cupboard door is now straight.. I should have pointed out the others that needed some adjustment too.. Smile But wanted to visit and catch up… This was the first time Donnie had been to our home, so I had to show him the view and of course all the Christmas decorations.. Smile And then of course there were the two parties later in the day..
Sunday, we had planned to have a “friends/family” Christmas dinner. Our special guest were, Donnie, Cheri & Ali and Charles.
We (Donnie & Us) had a nice late breakfast and then Ev and Donnie took a ride over to the vacation house, while I stayed home to get ready for Cheri & Ali (Ev’s nieces, well mine too Smile)to arrive and to get dinner started.
Ali is so grown up! I was so surprised to see how tall she was and so grown up looking. Cheri looked wonderful as always.
Both Cheri & Ali were a help to me to get dinner going. Dinner would be simple really. We got this fabulous ham from Costco (Kirkland Ham), Delicious and not salty at all!
Made some scalloped potatoes, bacon wrapped asparagus, applesauce and some bread/butter. Dinner was nice.. Loved having them all at our table to share this special time.
After dinner we sat around and did some sharing of stories and watched some TV.. soon Charles was on his way, he had to work the next morning. It was early evening and we said our good nights..
011

As soon as everyone was up on Monday morning I decided to make this breakfast called a “Breakfast Bake”..uumm so good.. will post the recipe later..
Got every feed and Donnie was packing up so he could leave and head down to the bay area to visit some friends for a couple of days.
After Donnie left we did a little gift exchange with Cheri & Ali..
Cheri, Ali and Ev & I had decided we would all go and see the movie “Saving Mr. Banks” over in Lakeport. As soon as we were all ready to go we all jumped in the car to head over there. Cheri had to go to the bank.. we also stopped at Rene’s to have a late lunch before going to the movie.. We stopped a couple little shops before actually getting to the theatre..
Great movie.. we all cried.. Smile
When we got home we spent the evening relaxing and watching a little tv before going to bed..
Tuesday would be a busy day.. that is Christmas Eve..

No comments:

Post a Comment