Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cookie Exchange/Christmas Arrangement

Gayle & Rob invited me to her Cookie Exchange/Christmas Arrangement back a few weeks ago. Made sure I put it on the calendar. Been a very busy month and it will just get more heck-tic more into the month. The cookie exchange sounded fun.. I really have never been to one, so this was a real treat for me..
When I arrived their house was all Christmassy.. Smile So warm and inviting.. Loved it! Donnie, Gayle’s brother from Chattanooga was also there visiting for the holidays!
Several ladies were also there.. Some I knew some I didn’t. But soon would know the ones I didn’t know.. Smile
We started out with the flower arrangements. Gayle purchased some flowers from the local floral department. Roses, carnations (red & white) along with some babies breath. I brought some greens and she also had some.. She had some containers and we were good.. All the arrangements were unique and very creative.. Not one was the same..

015
After we did the floral arrangements we sat down to a nice little dinner Rob & Gayle did.. we had some marinated chicken and a cabbage salad.. Perfect.. After dinner we went into the bedroom where she had all the cookies laid out on the bed..We all took our 6 dozen..
Gayle at the beginning of the evening told us a wonderful story about when she was a waitress in a small restaurant in Santa Cruz on Christmas Eve.. brought tears to my eyes.. Very heart warming… Gayle 18 years old, 3 months pregnant.. woman came to the counter down on her luck (long story). Gayle gave her tips she had made for the day.. only $4 but a true gift to this woman who had 4 children at home and no money.. Gayle shared the story that evening with family and most everyone said that she did probably been “doped”/scammed her. Gayle didn’t’ let it dampen her spirit, she knew she had done the right thing and felt good about what she had done. A few weeks later after the new year, that woman came into the little coffee shop Gayle was working at and paid her back the $4 and her and her children had made Gayle this lovely “Thank you” card.. I am sure you can use your imagination to how things turned out.. Smile Gayle tells this story every Christmas when she has a cookie exchange.. What a wonderful memory..
Merry Christmas my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment