Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Thursday, September 27, 2012

BUSY DAY!!

Got up late this morning and got busy with putting some more Pepper Jelly. I love the sweet red peppers, however those jalapeno's and habaneros are hot little suckers on my fingers!! I could feel them burning half the day.
I got a few batches of pepper jelly in yesterday and made my first apple chutney.. very good! Almost easier than making jelly because there is no pectin, just cook the liquid down till very thick, about 60 to 80 minutes..

001 
I also have some roma tomatoes in the oven drying. They are about done and want to get some more going. I am planning on putting the dried tomatoes in an olive oil mixture>>
http://www.scordo.com/2009/08/recipe-homemade-sun-dried-tomatoes-olive-oil.html

I have a date with our friends Christie and Gill to out in the boat with them this morning at 11am. Christie loves to ski and you need to have 2 people in the boat while there is a skier in the water, one driving the boat and spotter (me Smile ).. I love being out on the water.. Nothing can compare to it! Christie is a great skier and I love watching her, she is very graceful (if that is the proper word), she looks comfortable anyway.. I filmed her a bit.. Evee missed out today.. He had some chores that needed his attention.. Smile

When we got back from Skiing, had a sandwich with Christie and Gil.. They loaded me up on some local pears and I was on my way home to do more canning..
Got home about 2pm or so.. Phone rang and it was a friend, Cully and he was up here at the lake and wanted to come by.. We said sure!! He would be here about 7ish or so.. Gave me time to get a chicken out of the freezer, put a garden tomato salad together.. I decided to make an apple crisp for dessert.. never made one before.. so here goes!! The apple part was pretty easy.. when it came to the crust?? OMG what a mess I had.. I put all the ingredients in one bowl used the “hand mixer” and the mixture was flying all over the place.. thought?? get a bigger bowl, SAME PROBLEM!! New thought??? I have the big mixer with a paddle.. Smile worked wonderfully!!! yeah!!

008
The day seemed to fly by.. Very busy!! And of course our weather here is still very HOT! Got to be 95 today!! At least now I am ready for company.. Got the chicken on, beer in the rear on the barb-q, had some itialian sausage, so threw that on the grill so we could have a little tid bit for an appetizer.. Hit the spot nicely..
Cully arrived about 7ish with a surprise… Smile He has a girl friend Annie.. Cute as a button! Friendly and happy go lucky! Really enjoyed her and him very much! It was a great evening!!

001

Tomorrow “Seaplane Splash In” at Lakeport.. Rich, Judy and Larry and Lynn..
Saturday “
Kelseyville Pear Festival”, with Rob & Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment