Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Saturday, September 8, 2012

BFF time :)

On Tuesday this week I called the diesel mechanic in SAC to make an appointment to check out the tranny on the truck for Friday.. seemed to be slipping a bit  or sticking, whatever.. it would sometimes not go into reverse or forward!! then it would lunge and then we would be on our way.. Obviously there was a problem.
Called Sheri (my BFF since we were about 14 or so, you do the math) and asked if she would like some company over night Friday.. She was as thrilled as I was.. We hadn’t had a visit for quite a few months! I had thought I would drop the truck off take a bus to where she worked and have lunch, etc.. To my surprise she called and let me know she got the day off on Friday!! WHOOPPPIEEE!!
I arrive at the diesel place nearly on time on Friday (traffic) and soon after Sheri was there to pick me up. We headed for Old SAC downtown. I told her I wanted to take her for lunch for her birthday on one of the river boats, she was game.
We parked and walked around the old downtown area going through some of the cutesy little shops (over priced like you can’t believe)! We did “window shopping” and then headed over to the “Delta King” for lunch. Gorgeous day..
We were seated outside along the railing on the SAC river aboard the Delta King Paddle Wheel. We watched the boat come and go and even at one point I said to Sheri, “kind of reminds you of dogs begging” (guess you would have to be there Smile)..you know little boats going by looking up at you while they go by.. ok ok.. well if you didn’t get it?? it is ok.. Smile We ordered a martini and toasted our outing and us getting together. We ordered a type of cobb salad (lettuce was old, ick) oh well the company and ambience was wonderful!!
After lunch we walked around a bit looking at the river and some of the beautiful old paddle wheels.
I got a call from the mechanic and said the truck was ready so off we went to pick it up. Turned out there was nothing wrong with the tranny, it was LOW ON FLUID!! dahhh. ok well Ev and I are no mechanic! and now we had piece of mind! It was low on fluid, but there were NO LEAKS!!!! uummm?? We had the tranny fluid changed in June before our trip, guess there wasn’t enough fluid put in at that time.. ??
When we got to the shop, I went to pull out my keys, as I had removed the truck key and took the rest of the keys with me.. Well?? now I can find the rest of my keys!!! OMG, I was frantic! Sheri and I searched high low, in between, dumped my purse several times, still no keys! I wouldn’t have been so upset, but the Toyota key and remote (about $350 replacement).. And now after coming to SAC to have my tranny fixed (that wasn’t even broken at the cost of $270!) and now my keys!
When we got to Sheri’s house I called the restaurant and asked if they had found the keys, of course they had not.
Ok well instead of letting it spoil the whole day, we just moved on, nothing else we could do at this point.
Sheri and I went to Costco and got some nice looking Filet minions for dinner.. Did a little more shopping and soon home to cook.
We had a few drinks while getting dinner ready. Chatted and we watered the garden, some quality time.. Smile 
I barb-q’ed the steaks, came out wonderfully. Sheri made up the salad and corn on the cob.. Great dinner.. Smile
The next day we had breakfast and soon we were off to Old SAC again. I had decided I needed to back track and at least try and find out if someone had found my keys and turned them in someplace.. Stopped the restaurant, stopped at the visitor center and the parking lot attendant, no luck, however left them my contact info, just in case.. then off we went again and did some shopping at home depot.. After picking a few things we needed, we got lunch at Chipotle's and went back to the house. I replaced the door knob/handle and outside electrical outlet cover for Sheri. Sheri’s husband John is very ill and is unable to do much these days. John spends most of  his day watching TV. He is diabetic and his kidney’s are failing. Keep them both in your prayers.
I was soon on my way home to (Clearlake Oaks). Sunday was our Philosophical Society meeting..
By the time I got to Williams I could see the plumes of smoke raising above the valley floor in the mountains that I would soon be traveling through to get home. Lots of some and lots of burned land as I traveled up Hwy 20. So many fires this year! One of the hottest summers on record I would think!
Sheri and I will have a “get a way” weekend in October!! Can’t wait!!! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment