Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Monday, May 14, 2012

WONDERFUL MOTHER’S DAY WEEKEND

We weren’t home from Reno when Lindsy called and asked if we could go camping with them for the weekend at Thousand Trails Russian River just north of Cloverdale. I said we would love to go. We would have all day Friday to pack..<<laughing
They had it a bit tougher, they had to work and pack! We were going to met up on Saturday afternoon.
We got to the campground about an hour before Lindsy & Chris, we found the “perfect” sites for us, we were side by side.
It was pretty hot when we got all set up and decided that we needed to check out the river. So we packed up dogs and kids and headed down to the river.. Quite a little walk, but we endured. Of course it was so hot that we just couldn’t resist the invitation of that nice cool water! Me first, then Colin and then Lindsy. The “boys’ decided not to come in, cause they didn’t have their “water shoes” on.. Oh well it was so nice and refreshing! We didn’t stay long at the water before we headed back up to camp. Chris & Lindsy cooked Hamburgers for our dinner.. best hamburgers!! One of my favorite dinners!! We enjoyed our cocktails.. and just visited for hours.. Colin with busy with his “cowboys & indians”, we brought him to play with.
Lindsy was the first one up in the mornings, I could hear her outside from my open window in our trailer. She had already fixed the coffee, so I was happy to get up and go sit with her and talk. Lindsy & Chris had been in Hawaii the week before, so she shared the good times they had experienced while there. Sunday morning was also Mother’s Day! I had the one of the BEST MOTHER’S DAY’s ever! The only thing that could have been better was the weather! OMG it was soooooooooo hot on Saturday and now this morning it was sooo cold and fog! We had to have our sweats on.. dang! It didn’t dampen our spirits we still had a great time! Lindsy & Chris got me this terrific Mother’s Day card!! Opened it up and there was a hula dancer, dancing!! They got me some new coffee cups from Hawaii and some suntan lotion from Hawaii that I love, called Maui Babe, nice tanning lotion! I have a wonderful  and loving daughter! I got a “two fer” with a great son-in-law!! Not to mention that little munchkin Colin…he’s such a good boy??.. well sometimes!! <<laughing
I cooked up a good ole’ camp breakfast.. uummm soo good.. then the 4 of us played cards. First we played “31”, then after awhile we played Texas Hold’em.. Late in the day the sun came out and it got to about 70 or so.. Ev & I did take a walk down to the river with the dogs, however it was much to cool to think about swimming. We barb-q’ed a tri tip and had twice baked potatoes and salad for dinner… ummm good..
Monday we got up and the weather was already SUNNY! OMG now the sun comes out.. this was the day we were leaving… Ev left camp to head to Santa Rosa to get our kayaks, but not before having some breakfast with us all. Then the kids started packing up and left about 11am and not too long after that did Ev return and then we packed up too, getting home about 2pm or so…
We really did relax and enjoy our time with the kids! Great weekend! Sorry about all my mosquito bites, but other than that.. It was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment