Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Wine Barrel Planter Liners

For many years I have had wine barrels as planters and they have been on our redwood deck. I try to move them around from here to there, but still have the problem with the water draining on our deck, which leads to rotting wood problems of the deck. This year I was bound and determined to find a solution to our problem!! I looked high, low and in between, no one had answer.. Until one day I was in Kelseyville Lumber and I was talking with on of the guys that works there and he suggested a tray that is put under water heaters (rubber/plastic??) and it was the proper size!! about 26”inches!! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE.. and it was less than $10!
Even better!! It works great.. and the best part is that it has a drain.. yep a drain.. I had to get a little creative (but you know that is my middle name) and I have finally got a great tray that catches the water and drains it away from my deck.. Smile So happy!! So if you look at the photos below I show exactly what you need to have and how to do it.. Any question, just ask me.. Smile 

Always to be sure to drill about 3 holes (1-1/2” each) in the bottom of the barrel for proper drainage. When filling the wine barrel with your preferred mix of dirt, you should also fill the bottom about a 1/3 of the way up with “popcorn” Styrofoam peanuts the barrel before putting your compost/dirt in.

1 comment: