Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Friday, May 11, 2012

Grand time with the Mohoff’s & Gill’s in Reno

We planned our trip to Mike & MaryAnn’s for a mid week get away. We met long time friends of M&M, Mike & Linda, all the way from Atlanta, Georgia! Very interesting couple. Mike & Linda travel the world about 6 to 7 months a year! Linda said that one year they were on at least 45 flights! I am lucky if I get on an airplane 2 every two years! It was fun to listen about their trips.. It is more interesting on how they go about finding the BEST deals (low cost travel) on the internet! Sometimes they fly out of the strangest places, and other times they may need to drive a day/half a day to a different airport so they can fly from the US to Brussels for $180 each round trip! That was only one story, they had many.
The first day we were all together was Tuesday 5/8. We all met and stayed with M&M at their home in the southeastern part of Reno. We all were introduced had a few cocktails, maybe more than a few?? uummmmm..Mike & MaryAnn planned dinner at the Eldorado Hotel in downtown Reno. Mike “M” likes to play Texas hold’em there, so our dinners were comp'd.. Smile We all enjoyed a nice big buffet dinner!
MaryAnn drove us to dinner and then home. There is really enough room for 5 in the seat belts so Mike “G” was in the very back as the “luggage” to dinner and then home. Thankfully he had enough drinks to make himself very flexible.. Good sport!
In the morning, Wednesday 5/9, the 5 of them took a 5 miles walk, while I stayed home, to try and catch some sleep that I didn’t get.. Sometimes I just can’t sleep, it was after 4am before I could get to sleep. However they all left for their walk and really I didn’t sleep but got up and showered, checked email and before you knew it they were all back. Mike Mohoff was our chef of the day! He prepared us a breakfast fit for KINGS! MaryAnn working ambitiously to her tasks of making the table look wonderful, making coffee, toasting toast! Never does she sit down. Ask if they need help? “NO, sit down and enjoy it”! Had a fabulous meal! From here the “Gills’” went their way, to the Peppermill to do some gambling and to hopefully met up with an old friend. While M&M and Ev & I went shopping for Kayaks.. We went to this store called Scheels a nice HUGE sporting goods store, similar to Cabellas.. We went to a few sporting goods store on that Wednesday. REI won out over all. We didn’t buy that day, but did buy the kayaks when we got home…
We all met back at M&M’s late that afternoon.. Had a few cocktails, shared many stories, looked at lots of photos while M&M prepared us another fabulous dinner! Rib dinner to die for! What great hosts M&M are!! You know we didn’t have to drive, we didn’t have to pay for anything, room and board was FREE!! I think we should have stayed at least another week!! Smile Thursday morning M&M’s guest (Mike & Linda and Ev & I) all got ready to say our good byes.. M&M fixed us another fantastic breakfast.. Said our good byes, Mike & Linda off to the airport, going to Dallas then traveling on to “who knows where”? However I do know their future plan (about 2 weeks off) was going to Africa on Safari for approx. 2 weeks!! And then???
Ev & I got in our Toyota and drove home.. We did stop at Cabellas on our way out of Reno.. Had a nice ride home..

No comments:

Post a Comment