Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Monday, January 23, 2012

Grandson Colin/emergency room visit

Got a call Tuesday evening from Lindsy, asking me if I could come and stay with Colin for a few days.. I said yes and I would be there in the morning. She was concerned that Colin would be in “day care” for too many hours after all the problems with his neck from the week before and he wasn’t totally healed yet.
I left early Wednesday so I would be sure to be there by the time he was out of school at 11:35.. The drive was nice and easy did some shopping on my way down. Once I arrived at Lindsy & Chris home I up packed and went over to get Colin from school.. We had a nice day together.. We took a walk and he rode his scooter.. I had asked Lindsy if she wanted to have Jeff & Cesar over for dinner, I was making Fried Chicken/Mashed Potatoes/Gravy and corn for dinner and homemade pear/apple pie.. Smile She said that would be nice to have everyone over.. Everyone arrived on time.. Jeff’s Dad Mel was visiting here from Boston. Fun evening..

jefffamilyJeff and his father Mel and Cesar

Thursday the phone rang after Lindsy had left for work and I answered the phone and it was Colin’s doctor calling from Kaiser. I told her Colin was doing well.. and Lindsy had already left for work, she said she would call Lindsy at work.
Long story short, doctor called Lindsy (about 4 times) told her she needed to get Colin and take him for a CT scan in Santa Rosa ER, right now as it could be “LIFE ALTARING”!! Doctor had insinuated that it was possible that Colin had a spinal injury!!!.. As you can image the chaos was on! I went to get Colin from school, Lindsy called Chris to meet us at the ER in Santa Rosa.. We arrive before lunch.. Got checked in.. Took us right away and into the room we went! Doc came in just before noon.. Doc looked like he could be Richard Gere’s brother (only Doc was better looking Smile).. Doctor was very pleasant with a nice bedside manor and started talking with Colin as soon as he came in, as Colin sat and played his hand held video game.. Doc studied Colin put his hand on his neck and commented to Colin.. “Seems young man you have a slight case of “WHIPLASH”.. A long way from a SPINAL INJURY!! The doctor explained to us if it were a spinal injury there was no way Colin would sitting there playing his video game.. He did order another set of xrays, everything proved to be as the doc said.. and now life returns to normal.. However in my opinion, I think that the pediatrician Colin has been seeing should do another internship in an EMERGENCY ROOM someplace, so she can make a better educated guess other than to think the worst! And scare the “SH-T” out of the family!!
I did recommend that maybe they might want to check into getting a more “seasoned” pediatrician for Colin.. Smile 
004

Colin at the ER in Santa Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment