Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fun in Somerset!!

On Tuesday morning after talking with Judy on the phone, I called her back to let her know that I would like to come up to Tony’s and visit them all on Wednesday and wondered if that would be ok? OMG, Judy was so excited! as I was too! I had been so sick for weeks it seemed and never thought I would ever get over that “crap”! Finally I was feeling so much better and I was truly ready for a “mini vacation” and some fun times! So was Judy.. she had not felt well either most of the Christmas holiday season and also was finally feeling better.
My first concern going up to Tony’s Somerset Cabin that there would be a “bed” for me to sleep in.. Judy was more than accommodating or at least she thought she was.. Here is what she had to say.. “you know Tasha is leaving on Friday night so you can sleep with Tony”..uumm..?? No I said that I wasn’t going to sleep with Tony, so she said ok” I will sleep with Tony and you can sleep with Rich”, by now I am so cracking up!! I said “no that I was not sleeping with that horney bastard”!!<<laughing my ass off! So then I say, “how about Rich sleeps with Tony and I sleep with you”? she says’ oh yeah that works great’!! LOL.. As it turned out the first night I slept with Judy, Rich slept in the well house (with heater, electric blanket as well as a down comforter). And Tony had his bed with Tasha, as Tash wasn’t leaving till Friday.. and the down stair bed was where Neil and Terry were sleeping.. Well on Thursday night Neil & Terry left so I slept on the air bed that night, then Friday night I got the well house.. LOL.. The well house was the BEST!
Wednesday I arrived pretty early.. got there about 10:30am.. about a 3 hour drive, 150 miles from our door to Tony & Tasha’s cabin.. As it would be when I arrived really no one was ready for the day…? We ate breakfast, cleaned up and were finally out of the house by 1pm!!!? uummm.. Rich was our driver for the “ladies” day out shopping.. Rich drove us to Amador City, Sutter Creek and Jackson for a fabulous and fun fun day with the “girls” and of course Richy too… Smile We visited shops taking photos as we went along! One store owner was so excited we were having fun she asked to take our picture so she could post it on FB!! It was a fun day!
It was kind of late when we arrived back at the Cabin, but soon we got the dinner rolling! We were having abalone, provided by Neil and some nice Tilapia.. Everyone pitched in to get the dinner ready. We all enjoyed a delicious dinner together and enjoyed sharing stories of the day!
This was pretty much how the rest of the week went.. We had a fabulous time! The weather was wonderful, 70 degrees! In January”?? NO SNOW or rain! Incredible!
Judy, Rich and I did shopping on Thursday in Placerville.. After shopping we headed up to the Placerville Moose lodge in “Camino”, (Placerville Moose in Camino???). We had a couple of bloody mary’s and headed back to Placerville. We met with Tony & Tasha for dinner at a local Mexican Restaurant.. Marvelous food!
Friday morning Tasha was leaving for home, she had some comments to take care of on Saturday, she was so sad to leave..Rich, Judy and I took a drive up to Tahoe for the day to visit Rich’s cousin Jill.. As we were driving to Tahoe as we reached the summit we noticed that there was NO SNOW anywhere! Tahoe looked like we were in July instead of January.. so sad.. really.. Some of the resorts are closed already, many businesses were gone, lots of foreclosures.. sad times for many. Truly a sign of the times! and even the weather wasn’t cooperating, to make things even worse!
We met with Jill at her home and all went to lunch a local café.. We all felt that we were “stimulating” the economy by either eating or shopping at Tahoe.. For which we did both.
Jill was a great lady! She is funny and very entertaining and I could so tell she was Rich’s cousin! They look like they are related! We had so much fun that day! Rich & Jill sharing many family stories..
After lunch we all went shopping.. Love to shop at the place “side street” in Tahoe at the shopping center of Raleys by the stateline. Judy treated herself to a very lovely gift that she so deserved.. A lovely mink vest.. Smile at a very incredible deal.. guess that Tahoe is in “die or straights” they are giving away the stuff!! Well, not quite.. but you get the general idea.. Smile We really had a great day and it was great fun to meet Jill. What a fun gal!
On our way home as we came into Camino we stopped at the PLacerville Moose.. had a martini and back to Tony’s we went. We needed to get home because new company was about to arrive.
we were only home a little while when Jeff & Jeanine arrive. Long, long time friends of Rich & Judy and Tony! Everyone was so excited to see each other! I don’t think they had all been together in about 2 years.. It was a warm and wonderful evening watching everyone catch up on the life and times of the past couple of years. Jeff & Jeanine have 2 lovely children.. Jake 8 yrs old and Julia 3 yrs old soon to be 4 in Feb..
I needed to get home on Saturday, so I got my breakfast, got my bed made in the well house, got packed and was ready to go about 11am..
I really had a fabulous mini vacation.. Thanks to Great friends that are more like my family.. I guess you could say they are my “adopted” family.. I sure love all of you so very much! Thanks you all for everything and fantastic few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment