Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Sunday, January 15, 2012

Diversified Week

This week has been quite diverse..
Charles called early in the week and asked us over for dinner on Wednesday at his house.. Dinner at 6pm..We arrived and Charles was the perfect “host”.. He invited us into his warmly decorated home, still lingering with some Christmas decorations, giving his home a well lived mood. Charles proceeded to pour us a drink.. Me with my usual brandy and Ev had a vodka/cranberry with a splash of grapefruit a little different spin.. We chatted probably way too long before it was time to get the dinner actually going.. Instead of barb-q we did broil… Smile Guess that kind of tells the story.. We all sat down at the table and enjoyed dinner together. Of course the drinks were taking their toll by this time for me anyway and soon to be on our way home. Seemed as soon as we got home it was time to hit the “hay”.. It was already past 10pm.. OMG past our bedtime!! It was real treat for us to have Charles cook for us.. He really did a great job and the food was good! Smile

005 

 001
Before I was awake fully I could hear the phone ringing.. Oh I was not ready to get up and it was only about 7:15am.. However I jumped up to answer the phone, but had “rung” out.. checked the caller ID and it was Lindsy/Chris.. I was really awake by now, think I hope all is ok.. Called them back.. Lindsy answered and she was stressed and she informed me that Colin had been up all night with pain in his neck.. Chris was going to take Colin into the doctor at about 930..Lindsy’s big boss was coming in today and Chris had major stuff going on and they wanted to know if I could come down and watch over Colin.. He had a terrible stiff neck, “wry” neck, was the diagnosis..?? Guess you will have to look it up..He was in a terrific amount of pain.. poor little guy… Good thing for pain meds.. By the time Lindys & Chris got home, I pretty much everything under control.. I had the hose ready to squirt the dog with, if she started her barking fits. Colin was sacked out on the couch, comfortable with his pain meds.. Dinner was almost ready.. Made us some of my Easy Enchiladas..Had enough hamburger I also made up my Meatloaf
for another nights dinner.. I had also got the house in order so Lindsy wouldn’t feel the least overwhelmed after such a stressful day with no sleep, Chris too was relieved that things were in order and dinner was ready to eat when he arrived home.. We all had a cocktail, relaxed for a little while then sat down to eat dinner, the Easy Enchiladas..Early evening, everyone was tired.. Friday, Lindsy & Chris back to work and me and Colin hanging out.. Still he was not feeling well. We went to McDonalds for a treat and then stopped at Kmart and then he was done.. we went home. Chris was home, so I went back out so I could visit my friend Linda Madden who was here in Petaluma to take care of her mother’s estate. Linda’s Mom passed in mid-dec.
  008

It had been a few years since I had visited with Linda and it was nice to see her. We visited and talked about her Mom and life in general.. Our visit was short and sweet.. Smile It was great seeing her!
Got back to Lindsy’s and heated up the left over Easy Enchiladas.. Chris went back to work, and Lindsy and I sat down to watch a movie.. When there was a knock on the door.. It was Julia (Colin’s step Grandmother, Nama) coming by to see how Colin was.. She ended up staying for a few hours so we didn’t get to watch our movie.. there was always Saturday night..
Saturday the kids (Chris & Lindsy) too Nonni (Me) out to lunch at Applebees.. Colin was feeling a bit better.. After lunch Lindsy and I went shopping for a few hours while Chris watched over Colin at home. Colin still didn’t feel well.
We got home just in time to put the Meatloaf in the oven and get the rest of the food ready before Chris had to leave for work. Just as we got dinner ready, Jeff, Cesar and Jeff’s dad Mel came by to visit for a little while.. Jeff’s dad Mel is 82 and visiting here from Boston. Mel was delightful to listen to, he had many many stories to share. We all had a nice visit, everyone snacked on the Meatloaf..

After all the company left we got to WATCH OUR MOVIE!! Smile Very relaxing.. awwww….early to bed..
Sunday work up about 7ish, took a shower and was on my way to my sisters place to visit her for breakfast.. She had me pick up a bottle of champagne while I was at Trader Joes. I had no idea that the champagne was for us!! We cracked the bottle open and drank to whole bottle!! Kim fixed us a nice breakfast and then I was on my way home. Had to make a few stops on the way home.. Got home and happy to be here!! Poor Evee was so lonely without me.. He was home with the dogs and I was with so many people.. I was so happy to see him too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment