Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving with the Walsh Family

We arrived a bit late as usual. I don’t think we were the last ones to get there..
You could see how much Jim & Shirley had done to get this all together! They have this lovely barn, yes barn.. It is great! Loft is a studio apartment, decorated so cute!! Downstairs is 3 different areas.. One area is garage for vehicles, however is easily converted into sitting area and bar with a wood stove for making those cool nights cozy. Next room was our eating area. Stove with oven, sink and long tables for seating and floors carpeted also with wood stove!
The next room is a “shop”. Jim is a “retired” carpenter/general contractor. Retired isn’t quite, he loves tinkering..
We were so excited to finally meet Jim & Shirley’s kids.. Kelley and husband William with their two kids, Danielle and Lacey from North Carolina! We also met Jim jr.. And a cousin as well. Al & Betty from our group at the Philosophers group were also guests. What a great time we all had! Wonderful dinner! A group effort for sure!! Kelley and William are taking dancing lessons and they are such a pleasure to watch!! Now we want to do dance lessons, but here at Clearlake?? Probably NOT! DANG!
After dancing we did Pictionary.. Oh lord I am awful! But fun to watch everyone else.. Smile
Great people Kelley & William, we had so much fun with them! Their girls are fun too! They even like us “older” folks!
Of course you know the “older” folks crashed early.. I am not sure but I am sure hit was like about 930ish when we decided to turn in.. We stayed the night.. This is getting to be a habit.. 2 Thursdays in a row.. Smile
A group effort was made for breakfast the next morning.. So fun!! Thank you everyone for a great time!! What a great Thanksgiving it was!!
Have a wonderful Merry Christmas & Happy New Years!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment