Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Quad Ride with Doc & Pam

First thing when I got up on Monday morning I called Andrew Schwartz md.. my doctor (new to our area).. I was into see him last week for some test results and mentioned to him we had caught lots of trout.. He looked amazed so I said would you come for dinner sometime? and his eyes lit up, so I told him I would give him a call..So called him and invited him for Tuesday night dinner.. He said he would be here..Andrew is a nice Jewish man.. He is about 45 years old. New to this area and a bit naive and seems to be a bit lonely.. He has no family here and doesn’t know a lot of people..

Pam called last week so we could set up this time for a quad ride in the “outback”. A ride out to Indian Valley Reservoir.
About 80 mile round trip ride on the 4-wheelers. An easy ride really, all dirt roads there and back. Beautiful country and the weather was perfect!
Doc & Pam had bought a new quad and needed sometime to break it in.. Easy ride and good break in for it.
We had a lunch packed and they arrived here about 930am or so. Doc unloaded the quad we packed everything on we needed to take and off we went.
It was a very nice day… we stopped periodically to enjoy the views of the lake and just pass the time chit chatting and enjoying nature.. Had lunch next to the very slow moving stream, not much water this time of the year..
We were all in shock when we finally reached the reservoir there was pretty much NO WATER!! OMG! We took pictures at the boat launch and then it was about a 2.2 mile drive down to the water line!!

indianvalleyres2006          024

The picture above was taken Nov 2006, the one next to it was taken Oct 2013.. 2.2 miles to the water line.

This reservoir is used for irrigation in Yuba county. But never had I seen it this low.. pretty sad..
We got in about 530 that afternoon.. had a beer together and then we parted ways… Nice day.. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment