Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Friday, June 19, 2015

McDonald Creek at Glacier Park

What a beautiful day this is! We kind of lolly gagged around this morning.. Ev went to Safeway and bought some maple bars for breakfast!! Smile Oh yummy! Love maple bars w/milk.. My first memory of maple bars were with my Grandmother that lived on Queen Anne Hill in Seattle.. She took my brother Rick and I to the Bon Marche to have them with milk on several different occasions.. Love those things! Not so healthy, but every now and then it is good.. Smile
Ev also washed the truck.. Smile He is so good..
Ev and got a late start today.. I don’t think we arrived at the park (Glacier Park) till afternoon noon.. We did stop and ask for some good places to hike at the visitor center.. The “forester” suggested McDonald Creek.. sounded good to us..and it had a waterfall.. that was important..
We arrived there soon after we left the visitor center.. wasn’t very far.. we started on our hike.. and heaven forbid there was a sign that said to the effect “Grizzly Bear” area.. OMG.. These days things are different.. My fears are greater and my balance is not so good either.. thankfully as we started walking the trail there were many other hikers.. when we come upon them walking back to their vehicles and they were not running Smile we said to them I guess there is no Grizzly chasing  you? of course they laughed and went on their way.. The scenery was incredible.. Breath taking to say the least! As you will see in the scenery shots below..
Most of you know Ev and I can be pretty “chatty”, really? oh yes, for those of you that don’t know us really well.. hahha.. we met people that were moose members laong the trail.. we met a couple from Santa Rosa!! Small world in so many ways! Part of being on vacation for Ev and I is meeting  new people/sharing our life with them.. Its just important to us to meet people as it is to visit the places we visit…We love that just as much as visiting all these wonderful places!
Our walk today was so entertaining.. Its just as important to enjoy the people as it is the place.. The journey to get to the place you want to enjoy is also very important.. it is all about “detail”.. It all makes for a fabulous adventure! The journey, the people and the place are all part of making it such a memorable experience!
We hope you enjoy all the pictures too!!

P1020832

 

No comments:

Post a Comment