Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Friday, July 26, 2013

Camping at Lake Davis

213

Of course Ev & I got a late start on Tuesday the 16th of July. Probably about 11am.. and of course it was HOT! We had both truck and trailer as well as Toyota and Quad trailer in tow, 2 vehicles.. Lots of fuel.. Sad smile  As it turned out as we took all the wrong turns and got up to Paradise then back down to Chico and then back tracked back to Orville to get to hwy 70 to follow the Feather River up to Portola. We finally got camp about 7:30 that evening at Grizzly campground.. Long day… But we made it! I wouldn’t advise doing hwy 70 with all the towing, up and down around corners some sharp,  narrow bridges.. not good.. Gorgeous scenery if you could enjoy it.. I was thinking that some of those really narrow roads and all I could see was the VALLEY FLOOR way below me!! YICKS!
We were the first of our group to arrive. We were up there two days earlier than every one else.. Gave us some to explore. We took the quads for a ride at the north end of the lake.. Some really beautiful country! Got some great shots of the lake from far above it.. Did I mention how HOT is was! HOT!!
Lindsy & Chris arrived on Thursday as well as Mike & Julia. Mike has a semi permanent camp over by the Grizzly store area and we were camped in the state campground Grizzly. About a mile or so apart..
We had dinner at Mike’s camp the first couple of nights..
On Friday afternoon Carrie & Jason arrived. Lindsy & Julia were very nice and set up their tent for them..
Did I mention how HOT IT IS!! BTW.. our generator was acting up so we couldn’t use the AC!! Did I mention how HOT it was???!!!!!!! THE WHOLE TIME!
Each day we spent down on the lake.. swimming/kayaking/fishing.. It was great cause it was so HOT! and the water was lovely!
Saturday evening was Hamburgers at the Jacob camp!
We played “corn hole”. Mike & Colin played baseball.. Smile
Sunday was our turn for dinner.. we fixed up a bunch of ribs, some squash au gratin and potato salad and some home made break I made earlier that day.. soo good.. Smile
Monday morning the kids all packed up and went home.. We decided to stay that one extra day, so we could go out fishing with Mike & Julia. and I also had promised to take Julia for a quad ride after fishing..
We got a late start to go fishing, nearly noon I bet before we got out on the lake. Didn’t seem to bother the fish.. They were biting nicely!!
I caught the first fish Smile and the most.. Smile We did come in with 13 fish total.. not bad.. Evee, caught 2 nice ones, he was the official netter… Smile Mike got the biggest ones and Julia was sun bathing and caught the smallest one.. so no one got skunked!! Smile
As soon as we came in from fishing, late about 4 or so.. Ev and I headed over to our camp to get the quads so we could go for that ride..
As it turned out there was this nice kid, (can’t remember his name right now) that took us to the “secret falls” and this lovely creek.. Nice ride beautiful scenery.. a fun ride!! When we returned to Mike’s camp he had dinner all ready for us.. Smile We said our good byes that night as we were taking off for home on Tuesday.. Had a great time!! It was HOT!
Thanks everyone for such a fun fun week!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment