Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Time Spent with Long time Friends

I am sure I have known Phil &Toni Brooks for most of my life. My brother Rick and Phil were best friends in High School and I knew Toni from school as well. So we are talking  back in the early 70’s!! Ok, Ok… yes a very long time ago!
Well as the years would have it, everyone had their own lives and families, we all took different roads, however it seems now we are nearing the same road! Smile Kids all grown, we  have grandkids, retirement, etc.. aaawww how the time has flown by!
So as fate takes a step in brother Rick was visiting in April. Of course he contacted his “old” friends Phil & Toni got together with them and shared stories of a lifetime, I am sure. We were all in Petaluma that weekend because we were having a “mini” family reunion, and and and.. Rick invited Phil & Toni over for Sunday breakfast at sister Kim’s place and that is when “we” (me & Ev) got to chit chat and get reacquainted! So I do believe the next day Toni and I were friends on FB and catching up with what is going on in each of our lives these days.
Toni emailed me a couple of weeks ago and said they would be at Blue Lakes at the Narrows if we wanted to meet up with them?? I said we would love it! So as the time grew closer we made plans to visit them on the Monday 8/27 at Blue Lakes.
We packed up the kayaks and off we went and spent a fun day catching up on things that were going on in our lives and sharing stories.. Toni is quite the quilter!! OMG some of the quilts she has made are incredibly beautiful! Very artistic and very talented.. Maybe one day I will be a proud owner of one her quilts?? Smile  Gorgeous!! See below!

toni quilt  

     Wedding quilt belowtoni quilt_2

Toni & I did take a little tour around Blue Lake with the kayaks.. she was a bit apprehensive but soon felt at ease with the very stable kayaks.. We took our time and floated along, leisurely paddling our way about the lake. We spent about on hour paddling around.. Smile
We were all sitting on the beach in the shade and Phil said he would like to come over and fix us one of his “world” famous tri tips! Phil is quite the chef.. He and Toni cater many events around Petaluma. We were thrilled that he wanted to cook for us! So we set it up for Tuesday the next day…
Tuesday Phil & Toni and “fur kids” arrive about 2 hours early! OMG.. I was still preparing my share of the dinner!! I was in the middle of making a Lemon Meringue pie! For which then I put in the oven and FORGOT about so then it looked like “mocha” lemon meringue pie!! Tasted fine.. thank God!
We spent some time out front enjoying the view from the front of the house, the “golden” rolling hills of California..Smile
Then went out on the deck when it started cooling down to enjoy the beauty of the view of the hills and lake..

Phil started the tri tip.. Toni was chasing after her “fur kids”.. The dogs were great! and very well behaved. They were Jake, Mick and JR.. Toni helped me get things ready for dinner.. Wasn’t long and we were all sitting down at dinner. uumm of course everything was great.. Not sure my pasta/rice salad was the best.. experimental cooking doesn’t always come out.. Smile No one complained, but I thought it wasn’t the best. oh well.. everything else was delicious!
Not long after dinner Phil & Toni packed up with their puppies and some garden goodies we supplied them with.. Garden tomatoes galore!! and some home grown onions and other veggies.. Phil needed to get back to camp so he could go to bed!! He was getting up early to go fishing!! Of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment