Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mill Creek Lodge (bed & breakfast)

Here is my review of this great place>> Mill Creek Lodge

If you think you would like to “come home”, then the Mill Creek Lodge is where you need to be. Dixie & Duane McGarva are so warm & welcoming. I felt like I had “come home” in the first 5 minutes I was there. Felt as though I had known them both forever! They had a couple of other lady guests that were also long time friends of the McGarva’s. One guest asked me how long I had know them? I said about 15 minutes! She chuckled and said the way you all act, seems like you have known each other forever! Our hosts were like family in minutes. Dixie cooked us up a marvelous/delicious tortilla turkey roll up that you could die for! OMG, it was the best! this was our dinner with home grown sliced tomatoes and cucumbers. Dessert was a light yogurt and cream cheese pie with topped with fresh fruit! Perfect light dinner for a warm summer evening! Breakfast was Greek yogurt, granola, honey, with some scrambled eggs and bacon, fresh fruit and home made blueberry muffins! Dixie is a  wonderful “chef”!
Before dinner we all got to know one another out on the porch over looking Jess Valley.. Gorgeous! There were big puffy white and grey clouds with blue skies behind casting shadow patches throughout the valley. Lush green pastures with cut hay, beef cattle, sheep and a few horses. Very peaceful. Duane shared some of his fabulous photographs he had taken over the years and still is working hard at taking even more photos!! Just lovely!
The accommodations were outstanding! Comfort is the what you get in this lovely home.
I wanna “come home” again sometime soon...
wlEmoticon-smile[1]
Mill Creek Lodge 

No comments:

Post a Comment