Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hat Creek with Lindsy/Chris/Colin

We left Ballard early on Wednesday morning. It was going to be another really HOT day! I was driving the truck with the trailer in tow and Ev was driving the Toyota with 4 wheelers in tow. We stopped off at Stan & Glorianne’s to wash up the vehicles after all the dirt and dust from Ballard! Took us about an hour then stopped off at the mechanics in Fall River Mills to drop off the the blue quad for some axle repair.. As it turned out we didn’t get it fixed because the part would take till the following week to get.. So had to go back and pick the 4 wheeler up on Friday.. oh well..
We went over to Hereford to set up camp and then I went back into Burney to do some shopping for the kids would arrive here. The kids arrived at camp before I got back from the store.. We all enjoyed a couple of cocktails before dinner and talked about their ride up.. Long drive and HOT!
Hat Creek Hereford Ranch campground is a bit cooler but still very HOT about 95 everyday..
Ev and I have fished the last couple of mornings, did good one day, then skunked the next day.. I believe because it is so hot that fish are eating much! Smile good excuse so I will keep using it..
During the day we have spending time down here at the pond at the campground. Nice swimming area for Colin and all of us to sit up on a lawn area.
We all went to the “Subway Cave” (lava tube) on Friday morning over by Old Station. Colin wasn’t too thrilled with it, but the rest of us thought it was pretty cool.
We had planned to go to the Burney Falls, but we ended up going to town and was too late and tooo hot to be doing any hiking… Chris & Lindsy cooked two nights in a row.. Thursday night some totally awesome ribs!!! and Friday night some nice moist chicken.. Smile They are great hosts..
Today (Saturday) Chris’ buddies from work are camped at the Hat Creek campground over in Old Station and are invited over for a pot luck and drink tasting.. Sounds fun! Sure it will be plenty HOT!
Today is our final day of our fabulous vacation.. We head home on Sunday…7/15

No comments:

Post a Comment