Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Gail & Don’s in Roseburg, OR

We arrived here on Monday 7/2.. Don & Gail had snacks and dinner awaiting us.. An unexpected surprise was Gail’s daughter Pam and son in law Ron were here. We all had dinner and did a lot of catching up and visiting.. A little wine and a whole lot of talking.. Smile
Tuesday we did some shopping around town. They have Macy’s here!! Smile woo hooo.. got new clothes/shoes.. We went to Ross, found some great “treasures” there!! Hello?? Smile
Don & Gail treated us to dinner at the Country Club that evening…
Today is the 4th of July.. Been talking with Don about some fly fishing.. He worked getting my line on my pole so it didn’t have too much on it!! dahh?? He also gave me some good pointers for fly fishing.. I can’t learn too much too fast, won’t remember noth’in >> LOL Don’t know if that is cause I am getting old?? or just cause.. Don also make beautiful flies for fly fishing! He gave me some for my fishing that I plan on doing at Hat Creek next week when we meet up with Lindsy & Chris. The grand finale of our trip!!


I had decided to take a little walk around the neighborhood to just get some exercise instead of sitting around and just eating, if I don’t watch it I will gain all the weight I lost before  we left on vacation. As I walked there was this older man sitting in his garage having a garage sale.. He didn’t look to have much, but as I looked around he had some stuff for camping for sale. Generator, carrier rack and some other odds and ends. We bought the generator, carrier rack and some other stuff.. We would  need to go the bank in the morning to get the cash to pay him before heading back to McArthur, CA to Stan & Glorianne’s place.
For dinner Gail and I did most of the cooking. Don did par boil the pork ribs and Gail made potato salad.. I made up the salad and helped get the ribs browned up in the oven. Gail and I talked and it had been just a year since we've gotten to visit in person. Gee how time flies! We did a lot of catching up and enjoyed each others company so much!

gail_linda_2012
After dinner Don, Gail, Ev and I packed the car with chairs and blankets to head over to Winston, OR for the fireworks show. The community park where the fireworks were being held had other entertainment as well. We arrive about 7pm there was a couple of different bands that played, a belly dancer that did some “belly dancing”. There were a few food vendors and a whole lot of people.. Did quite a little people watching.. Smile The fireworks display got started a little past 10pm. This area of Roseburg/Winston, OR doesn’t get dark as fast as at home. The display was fabulous.. Love watching the fireworks! Always lots of “ooww’s and aww’s”.. Of course leaving the park was a traffic nightmare, but we managed to make it back to Don & Gail’s safely.. Not long after we got back we all hit the sack. It was going to be an early day the next day.
Ev and I got up early, got showered, packed up what we could and Don took Ev down to the bank so we could get our generator, etc.… before heading out.
As we were hooking up Don noticed a couple of things that needed fixing about the trailer.. He fixed the scissor jack, as well as tightened our trailer hitch, so that it wasn’t slopping down.. So now we refer to Don as “Don’s Garage”.. Guess we need to get him a sign for his garage door.. Smile 
We headed out about 11am, not quite as early as we had hoped, but it’s always hard to say good bye and just get on the road sometimes.


We did arrive at Stan & Glorianne’s about 5:30pm that afternoon, McArthur, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment