Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving with Family & Friends Celebrating at Chris & Lindsy’s.

Ev and I left home with the Toyota packed to the hilt with goodies for Thanksgiving at Lindy’s. Packed our clothes and puppies for a 3 night stay, not much room left in the 4 runner!
Met Lindsy & Colin at Sweet River at Coddingtown for my birthday lunch. After lunch did some shopping at Macy’s Smile. Bought a few things. Smile 
After Macys we met up at Costco for a few things for Thanksgiving dinner the next day.
It was late in the day by the time we all got back to Lindsy’s. We had a late dinner of Clam Chowder that we had bought while at Costco.
Thanksgiving morning I was up bright and early, 6:30am. Had to get the pear apple pie baked along with getting my infamous sausage/cranberry dressing ready for later that days feast! Cooked up some chorizo and eggs for breakfast. We both got the table set for 20 people! Lindsy was busy getting that 27 pound Turkey ready to go in the oven. After we got the food ready to go, Lindsy did some housekeeping while I went up to get ready for the day.
Lindsy’ guests started arriving about 1:30 and we were ready for the day. The guest list consisted of, My sister Kim, husband John, son Nick and mother in law Helen. Lindsy’s Dad, Mike and wife Julia, Chris’ parents, Bob & Janet, sister Carrie and boyfriend Jason. Friends, Charles, Craig and Jeff & Caesar. Of course was Lindsy, Chris and Colin and Everett and I. We had some friends come by to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving, Sharon and friend Tracy. What a wonderful day we had! Dinner was on time 4pm. Everyone pitched in to help with clean up and serve dessert! We had lots of food contributions by everyone. GREAT dinner and wonderful company! Everyone sang Happy Birthday to me! Smile 
Colin was watching the Thanksgiving Parade as the end of parade came so did Santa and Mrs. Santa. Colin said “Noni” (me) “she looks like you!!” Meaning Mrs. Santa resembled each other, the white hair and glasses. So cute. Another time during the day my dear grandson Colin came up with a festive New Years hat and put it on my head and said “Happy Birthday Noni” with a hug and kiss to follow. Really it was a fun and happy day. I am so grateful to have such a loving and warm family.
Check out or photos below…

On Black Friday, Lindsy, Ev and I trekked out for about 4 to 5 hours of shopping. Seems like we missed all the rush!! YIPEEE.. we still got the early bird specials with no lines!
Chris’ family joined us Friday night for left overs from Thanksgiving. It was a nice end to a perfect couple of days..
Saturday morning Ev and I got packed up and left for home, stopped at the 101 for breakfast. However not without stopping to do the final shopping we needed to do before heading home. Again our 4 runner was packed to the hilt on the way home… Not sure how we got it all in there, but we did! It was a fabulous weekend! Great times were had by all!! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment