Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our Friends Stan & Glorianne From Fall River Mills, CA

We met Stan & Glorianne in early October. They are wonderful people, we feel like we have known them all of our lives! They are fun, busy and out going! My kind of people! Anyway, just wanted to share with you a letter she recently wrote to me.

stan_Glorianne

Dear Linda and Everett,

First off Happy Belated Birthday Linda, hope yours was as great as mine was. It is fun to look at your Christmas decorating. I thought I did a lot as every room is decorated some, but you have me beat. When we had the ranch we had five acres of choose and cut Christmas trees and we had a Christmas shop with about 20 vendors, a Santa Claus, petting zoo, snack shop in a TeePee which the local 4-H ran, and we used our team of Belgium horses to take people to and from the tree lot. It was fun and we did it for about twenty years. The whole ranch was decorated even clear up our half mile lane. Our lives were not our own from Thanksgiving to Christmas as we were open the whole time. It was fun and we had people from Redding to the Oregon border.

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving, there were only six of us, but had a good time with our oldest son and family.

Today I baked and decorated ten dozen Christmas cookies for our Santa's Workshop concession stand that the Museum does this Saturday. It is a big deal around here and we serve several soups, chili dogs and hot dogs, pies, cookies, baked potatoes and drinks.

Then I can get at the Christmas decorating next week.

We are making plans for a cruise around Hawaii in May with my college roommate and husband. They live in Texas and we have not been together for nine years.

Hope all is going well with you guys and love keeping up with you on your blog.

Hugs,

Stan and Glorianne

Now that you have read her letter. You can only imagine how busy this lovely couple have been their whole life! Stan & Glorianne had a 2500 acre beef cattle ranch most of their lives (worked hard).They are very giving and sharing people. We are so blessed to have them now in our lives, FOREVER!
They sold their ranch a few years back to retire..?? NOT! Now they are very involved in Ft. Crook Museum<<click) (actually I think they do all the work).
Glorianne is a writer. She has written many books and also wrote for the Alturas, CA newspaper (might be wrong on this), maybe it was the Cattleman’s Assoc. newsletter. At any rate if you are ever interested in reading her books, here is a link so you can purchase them>>
http://www.amazon.com/Glorianne-Weigand/e/B001K93MQ4

No comments:

Post a Comment