Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Sunday, December 21, 2014

Moose Christmas Party December 20, 2014

Our Moose Christmas party was a long time work in progress. We started planning our party in June of 2014. That is when we called to book the “Charley Baker Band” out of Petaluma (I called and booked him). We were lucky to get a date of December 20, 2014. I would have liked to have had this party earlier in December..?
We worked on getting things planned out. I was the person in charge, mainly. I am pretty good at designating… Smile
We had the “flyers” (I made them up) up in September advertising the Christmas Party/Buffet, thinking that would help sell tickets early. Didn’t seem to be the case. It was a hard push to just sell the first 50! Didn’t seem to make much of a difference by putting the flyers out early. “Charley was our big draw”.
Did a deadline of Dec 3rd to get tickets by (I made the tickets and got the advertising done), otherwise price would go up by $10.. Oh well that strategy didn’t really work.. We ended up selling the second 50 after the deadline and kept the price the same. We were hoping to have a good head count for the prime rib that were going to have to purchase. That didn’t work out so well.. It all turned out lovely anyway!
Everett and I did most of all the shopping. Tina covered the cake for our dessert! Tina & June also did all the twice baked potatoes!!
A special Thanks goes to our cook of the prime rib, Gil Roux.. He cooked them all to perfection!! I was the official meat slicer!! For our buffet we served a little over 100 people on 3 whole prime ribs!! <<this was a “buffet” all you could eat, not take home! Suzanne was pretty much in charge of the salad bar.. she did an awesome job! We had paid dishwashers that evening which was nice..We cooked 7 prime ribs ( I said we only needed 4).. too much obviously.. we ended up selling 3 whole ribs $90 each.. Not sure what happened to the other one?
All in all I do think everyone had a fabulous time!
Charley sang to all the ladies as he does so well..Everyone danced their night away.. Great time by all..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment