Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Monday, March 31, 2014

Mid Year Moose Convention Reno

Pam Rowland and I left here about 9:30 on Wednesday morning. We drove up Hwy 20 then caught I-80 above Nevada City.

074
On Monday this week we had 80 plus weather here at Clearlake. This Wednesday morning we took off was raining and snowing in the mountains.. go figure?
We were lucky there wasn’t any snow on the road, just snow flurries as we headed up to the summit at Donner. As we headed down from the summit, the road became dry.. Relief set in.. We decided to stop in Truckee at a little Mexican Restaurant there, of course can’t remember the name.. but had stopped there last year on a trip we took in January when going up to Reno.
Soon we were on our way to Reno. We got to the Atlantis and got our stuff all checked  in. Pam and I then went to do some shopping.. We shopped the afternoon and then came back to the hotel and had dinner. Pam did some gambling and won quite a little.. I didn’t play much, my money was going like water.. So I went up to the room..
In the morning we had a bit to eat in the room (we brought some breakfast food). From there we decided to do some more shopping. Found a few treasures and then back to the hotel. We registered for the convention and picked up our badges..
I called Mike & Maryann and they would have me over for dinner and a nice little visit. M & M looks the same, everything was good with them. I always enjoy spending time with them.

079

Mike was leaving for Vegas the next morning. He gets lots of FREE stuff from them so he likes to go.. Not sure it is exactly FREE? I am sure he spends plenty..

Got back to the hotel.. did a little gambling and then up to the room..
Friday was meetings all day in the convention rooms. We saw Jana and her husband Eddy and Mary Ferrera and her husband Mike.. Ran into Earl & Mary. Friday evening Mary (not Mary F) ate dinner with us and soon after I went back to my room.. After dinner we went to the room and cleaned up and headed out for the evening..

Pam and I found a few “hospitality” rooms that evening.. We partied into the evening. Met some fun people.. Got free drinks and food. JELLO-SHOTS! We were on a roll. Not sure what time we got in.. But the next day was a bit rough on Pam.. poor girl.. I lucked out, not sure why I didn’t feel bad.. oh but I was doing fine.. Meetings again all day Saturday.
Thought it would be nice to take a Hot Tub.. Well went down to the pool area and hot tub.. tooo many kids! So went back to the room.. Showered and met Pam for dinner.. She went on to gamble, me? I went up to the room and kicked back..
Sunday we had one last meeting and we would be off for home. Snowing once again.. No snow on the road.. again we were blessed.
We stopped in Nevada City at a nice place for late lunch “Bistro 221”. Had a wonderful hamburger.. and headed up. We arrive home about 5pm..
Fun time was had by all.. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment