Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Friday, February 7, 2014

My Visit with Sheri.. :) Feb 2-5, 2014

My dear friend Sheri had a hip replacement on January 22nd. She is so young! I so wanted to be with her, but just couldn’t make it down. So Sheri and I made a plan.. Smile I would come down on Feb 2 and stay till Wednesday afternoon.
On Superbowl Sunday I made her lots of food to take down so she didn’t have to worry about cooking.. Smile Enchiladas, Meatloaf, Lasagna and apple crisp.. and a few other things too..
I got to Sheri’s about 1ish on that Monday. Sheri and I had a cocktail, pulled apart some kitchen cupboard doors along with some kitchen drawers that didn’t want to close correctly. Got the parts, got into the car and off we went to home depot to find the parts so hopefully I could fix them for her. (John, Sheri’s husband isn’t really able to do much anymore.. He is sickly and on kidney dialysis.) Well, home depot didn’t have the parts! grrr.. Not to hamper the errands we will had to run. We went to costco and Sheri bought some lovely filet minions for dinner!! From here we thought a quick trip by the Moose, so I could introduce her around.. And she loved it. The Moose from her is only about a mile or so from her.. she could ride her bicycle to the moose.. We did have a nice day.. However with all that running around I knew I had pretty much worn her out.. poor girl.. she was a trooper!
I cooked up those wonderful steaks for dinner and they were sooooooo good! We tried an artichoke as well.. don’t know what’s up with these artichokes these days.. can’t get them to cook past tuff!! Cooked those chokes for nearly 2 hours, still tuff! YUCK! took them back to Costco..
On Tuesday, Sheri and I had breakfast together.. and I went out for a couple of hours to try and find those parts for the cupboards and drawers.. this time I did find parts for the drawer at Lowes.. So we got that fixed and done.. The cupboard door now closes, and I glued the hinge so it wouldn’t fall out of the door. Still doesn’t work right, but need a new hinge.. dang.. but not falling off the wall!
After all that Sheri was ready to go out for awhile.. We hit a nice Thrift store, where we shot our wad.. fun fun.. then we hit the Moose again.. Now Sheri is really getting to like it and more! She is now joining..
We had hamburgers for dinner on Tuesday evening.. love hamburgers.. We got to visit a little and then turned in early.
Wednesday I think I was up and dressed before anyone.. That is probably a first.. ?? or not..
Sheri and I had breakfast, thought about what we were going to do today before I would leave.. We decided to take the care and get it washed and have lunch.. So that is what we did.. We had such a wonderful visit and I was so happy to be with her for those few days! Nothing too exciting.. but fun..
I Love You my dear dear friend! Hope I can see you again before you have to back to work..


No comments:

Post a Comment