Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Judy’s Birthday Party at the Maxwell Inn

Of all times of the year to get sick and I have a terrible cold and am feeling horrible! However, I wouldn’t disappoint my dear friend Judy for her birthday. We celebrate Judy’s birthday early because her birthday falls the day after Christmas. There were 6 of us looking forward to going to the Maxwell Inn in Maxwell, CA.. Smile 
We all met up at the Moose Lodge here in the Oaks. We had one cocktail and off we went.
Larry, Lynn, Everett, Rich, Judy and myself piled into Rich & Judy’s vehicle to drive to our destination in Maxwell, an hours drive northeast of Clearlake Oaks. Ev and I had heard wonderful things about the Maxwell Inn. Larry, Lynn, Rich & Judy had all gone to dinner here last year. They told us how wonderfully decorated it was for Christmas and what a lovely dinner they had eaten there. So we were so excited to go and feel the magic of the season of the lovely Inn.
We arrived and it was decorated nicely. However, to Larry’s disappointment he relayed to me that, the proprietor hadn’t gone to the extreme they had the year before! He was disappointed. I did think it was decorated nicely and I had nothing to compare it to. Besides I was feeling pretty lousy with this cold. However, It didn’t keep me from having a total of 3 martinis that evening. The place may not have been decorated to the hilt, but we had fun. In all actuality I have vague memories of dinner.. Martinis and cold meds??? ummmm..???
Thankfully we had given Judy her birthday gift while we were enjoying our first Martini. Smile I could tell she was excited that we were all there with her to celebrate her birthday..

No comments:

Post a Comment