Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hat Creek Rim Ride 10/12/2011

 

While it seems as though I got all our photos loaded here to the blog about our trip to Hat Creek, seems as though I forgot our ride at Hat Creek Rim with the quads and the dogs. Our ride was beautiful that day as well. The weather was sooooo perfect! We packed a lunch and packed up the dogs too! They always love a good quad ride. Usually their ride consists of about 15 to 30 minutes. This day they were lucky and we road all day, about 50 miles. As the day wore on I could tell they were getting antsy..
However they weathered the day as real troopers! Kaylee standing in front of Ev with her nose pointing straight ahead standing firming in front of him, slipping from time to time.. Thank God Ev was there to catch her! She loves the wind in her face!
Ripley my little munchkin and his crippled little leg was perched in a “front” pack I was wearing. His nose pointed in the air too smelling all the great smells! On ocassion had to do some “adjusting” cause he would tend to slide over to the right a bit. All in all it was a wonderful day for them both! as well as us!~ We too love the fresh air in our faces!
We rode south on the rim and beautiful views of the Hat Creek Valley below. Picturesque shots of Mt Lassen! Forests of trees as we road along the gravel roads. In all honesty I do believe that those gravel roads are in much better shape than most CA highways! At least they didn’t have “pot holes”..
We would follow signs to different lakes/reservoirs and it seemed we were too late in the year to find water in them. However I found it quite ironic when we were looking for “Government Lake” and it was completely “dried” up.. Imagine that?? Coincidence?

governmentlake

We covered a lot of ground that day. We even found someone had cut some firewood, just the right size we needed for our fire later that evening, so we packed up the quads and tied it all on with bungees..
We ate lunch at the top of the rim where the hang glider pilots glide off.. Gorgeous views of the valley and Mt Shasta.. Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment