Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Thursday, March 5, 2015

4 Weeks Post Op (4 Disks replaced in my neck)

It’s been 4 weeks since my surgery. I feel my neck is doing GREAT!.. Scaring is minimal.. soon you won’t even see the incision in the front of my neck! I do believe the disks they replaced in my neck are doing great too! Very rarely do I feel discomfort from them.. Riding in the car 2 days in a row, is NOT good! But other than that, doing good..
The big problem is still my paralyzed arm (from shoulder to wrist on left arm). I will say after 33 days of excruciating pain has gone away..Smile Now just have constant achy feeling in my arm.. Some days are worse than others.. Of course the lack of being able to use it is very FRUSTRATING! Sleeping is also a challenge.. Some nights are better than others.
I still don’t have much energy.. Sit in the house a lot. Don’t like it much, but as I said my energy is not what I would like for it to be.
My spirits are much better. However, I do have my days..
Due to my health issues we had to cancel our 3 month road trip! That in itself is depressing.. Both Ev and I were soooooooooo looking forward to it! We were going to visit family and friends alll along the way.. And we were going to go Epcot (Ev has never been there and wanted to go). Maybe another time..??
I see the surgeon on the 23rd.. I am sure he will be pleased with the surgery..
I am doing PT (physical therapy).. At this point I am thinking it is a waste of time and money.. I can’t really do anything..other than use the pulley to straighten my left arm out.. otherwise there isn’t any exercises that I can do with my left arm till the use comes back.. Today is my 3rd time of going.. totally a waste of time..
I am pretty sure this is going to be my last one, at least till some use comes back..
Today we are also going to lunch at Happy Garden with our friends Jim & Shirley.. Smile Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment