Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Monday, November 10, 2014

Higher Degree Dinner at the Moose 11/9/2014

 

council

  • This dinner was in the planning stages for several months. This dinner was to include members that held a “high degree” (legion, fellowship, pilgrim, academy of friendship, college, star). Also open to all members who wanted to eat dinner. Unfortunately NOT MANY PEOPLE READ THE FLYER!! Therefore, the turnout was very low. Having planned the dinner for 50 people plus, I was pretty disappointed. I was the cook. And I had a whole crew of people helping with the dinner whom were also disappointed. Not to mention the lodge didn’t make money and that is what these functions are all about! A whole day of shopping, usually a trip to Santa Rosa, CA to Cash & Carry. Then locally more shopping for things that need to be same day fresh, then the day of cooking, usually takes all day at least 8 to 9 hours of work. So you see these dinners are something we pull out of thin air!!
    For those who did come to support the event, they enjoyed a delicious Pork Pot Roast dinner (homemade). We had a great salad bar and bread sticks along with Vanilla Ice Cream with homemade Peanut Butter Cookies.. uumm..
    We had visitors from West Sac lodge as well as Placerville.. I was so sorry that not even one of the lodges in our district that DIDN’T MAKE IT EITHER!
    The Higher Degree dinner encompasses lodges from about Fresno to the Oregon Border.. Pretty sad huh? yup..
    Thank you to those of you that made it up to visit us here at
  • Clearlake Oaks Lodge.. Best food ever huh? There wasn’t one person in this group (about 25) that didn’t come up to me and say what a great meal that was! Smile
  • Thank you to all of you that came to support the event and Thank you to all that were there to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment