Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tuesday to Tuesday 9/17-9/24 PARTEEEE

Ahh the weather is changing and the year is rushing by! As we all say “Where does the time go?”  I think the time is always the same. Sometimes time drags and sometimes you look back at week and wonder “how did I do all those things"?
If you can imagine earlier in the day one of my caps came off my tooth.. Called the dentist and she couldn’t get me until the following Tuesday..As it turned out, I couldn’t get the cap back on and had to leave it off all week.. not to sensitive.. I made it..
On Tuesday 9/17 our friends Scott & Carla had us over to their home here in the Keys for a lovely dinner. Rib’s, lots of veggies and some really great company! I made the Tomatoes Summer salad and a apple crisp to share. We ate on the deck in spite of the wind and some rather cooler temps (truly a welcome change). We all pitched in to help clean up and in no time it was done.. Smile  We sat down at the table and played “farkle”, cute game of dice. I do believe Carla was the first winner and I won the second round. I even threw 6 “3’s” out of the cup at once!! When does that ever happen?? Odds are pretty slim I am sure.

003


Thursday we were invited to dinner at our friends Gayle & Rob out in spring valley, sort of a anniversary celebration.  I brought another Summer Salad. Rob sister, Karen and brother in law Gene were visiting here from Port Townsend, WA. They had two purposes for their visit. the obvious one was to visit family and the other was to attend their class reunion.
Gayle cooked up a mess of ribs! along with some scalloped potatoes, veggies, desserts.. Totally stuffed after that lovely dinner and a wonderful visit. We called it an early evening as we still had two more parties over the next couple of days..

005

Friday was the “Full Moon” party at Ben & Julie’s. B & J were celebrating their one year anniversary being in their new house!! After years and years of miserable dealings with permits, crappy neighbors, etc. The finally got this house done and it was truly worth the wait! The house sits on a point that jets out on the lake, surrounded by a metal retaining wall, making about 4 acres, some is natural land and some is fill.
We arrived on Friday evening at Ben & Julie’s and our friend Scott was designated the “parking attendant” making sure that no one blocked anyone from leaving. Smile There was plenty of parking. Already when we arrived there were lots of people! We walked in the foyer and the house was already full of people, laughing, munching and visiting with each other.. Very warm feeling as we walked in. Beautiful views of the lake from every room in the house. The living area is all wide open probably approx. 3500 sq feet of living room dinning room and kitchen!! HUGE! Decorated with lovely antiques hand painted porcelain plates, French Proventil chairs with a modern over stuffed sofa in the living room, lovely antique buffet and large table covered in desserts!! We brought a Summer Salad and Mac Salad.

009
Walking out through the sliding glass doors to the out door kitchen to another crowd of people. Grant & Ben cooking up tri tips/turkey/ and ?? not sure what all they cooked. The guests all brought sides and of course the desserts I mentioned earlier Smile. As we made our way through all these familiar faces embracing this one and that one, we finally made it to the outdoor bar. We made ourselves a drink and walked out into the yard to over look the lake. Beautiful.
We are one day before fall starts and we have a weather system in place this evening, Rain is predicted. We never get rain in September!! Well first time for everything I guess. Not only did it sprinkle some, it was windy and dam cold!
I ended up coming home and changing into something warmer.. Ben & Julie also hired “Scotty J” to play music for us all.. Must have been at least 80 people there! Lots of danced and it looked like everyone was enjoying themselves. As the party wound down, the sprinkles were getting more like rain and so I encouraged people to get the tables and chair broke down and put away into the garage, so that nothing would get ruined. It wasn’t long and it was all put away.. Not sure how the kitchen looked, but know there was probably a lot of work to be done in there!! We left after the tables/chairs were put away. We left about 11pm and there was till another event that the Moose was having on Saturday that I was heading up..


Saturday morning we up early and on the run once again..
Moose end of the Summer BBq wasn’t the best turnout.. We did have a nice band.. Lee & Eric were our cooks. the ladies donated salads, we brought a Mac Salad.. We had a cake walk, does so good!
Sunday I met a few women for our craft cleanup room. We planned a pot luck. Tina made this wonderful tortellini soup and I made a tuna casserole.. that was all the food we had.. Smile
Monday Ev and I went over to the Paradise House and cleaned.. When we came home I started getting ready for the “Birthday Party” and to decorate for fall.. Smile
I decided to celebrate 4 birthdays all at once.. Larry (July), Ev (Aug), Laura and Rich (Sept).. It was a nice nice evening.. I usually like to entertain and have everyone for dinner here and there. But it seems I have had no time to do it. So it was such a pleasure to have them all here.. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment