Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Thursday, June 7, 2012

Flowers for the Wedding, pick up day

Today Ev and I got up early to venture down to Santa Rosa to pick up the flowers for Carrie & Jason’s wedding on Sunday.. I am so excited! Now the fun part starts.. Now I can get creative and be an artist.. This is my favorite part..

Really wedding flowers are a very long process, let me give you the break down..
First of all living in Lake County almost 2 hours from the nearest wholesale house is a long way to travel.
Due to I have not done a wedding in a few years, I had to make 2 trips to Santa Rosa for supplies..

1. Meet with the Bride/Mother (sometimes bride/mom come to me other times we meet, depends on how far away they live, sometimes it could just be internet/emails).
2. Discuss what they would like in the way of flowers, styles, etc.. usually takes about 2 hours plus.
3. Now the hidden work comes in to play. When I get home from the meeting I spend about 2 hours or more, typing up the order, be sure I have every name is listed to whom each bouquet, corsage, boutonniere, table arrangement, cake flowers, decorations, etc.. and list everything.. Then I need to figure out exactly how many and what kind of flowers will need to ordered. How much ribbon, tulle, wire, corsage water stems, floral tape, bouquet holders, vases, etc.. a lot to think about..
4. Then comes the order, call the wholesale house, order everything (flowers only), sometimes they don’t have what you want! Then you have to call the bride/mom and explain to them what happen. Could they choose another type of flower? or sometimes the bride/mom call and want to change or add things to the order. Most of the time the wholesale house has what you need, however, not always can they get them. (Sometimes I like to “shop” for prices, takes extra time)
5. Before you even pick up the flowers, you will need to pick up the tulle, ribbon, vases, etc.. Make up the bows for the corsages, ribbon bows/tulle bows, other decorations that can be made up a head of time. This time I have more than 5 hours in just making bows, etc.. and the trip to the wholesale house for the stuff.. You see how fast the hours can add up!
6. Pick up the flowers (that was today) Got up early, drove to Santa Rosa (try to make the trip count, so try to do other shopping as well). Get home prepare the buckets for the flowers, then cut all the stems on all the flowers in this case there were 13 bunches (25) in each bunch, 8 bunches of mini calla lilies (10) in each bunch, then the filler, ferns, other greens, etc.. It is a long day! Put them all in water!
7. The day after you bring the flowers home/work, now the creative part starts.. In this case I will design the corsages & boutonnieres, and refrigerate them. I will probably also do the table decorations, vase flowers (12) w/fern, roses, filler, and more greens.. trying to be sure each and everyone is perfect. (about 6 to 7 hours of working time).. Packaging everything so it looks impeccable! Naming each one! Being sure not to over look anyone! (STRESS!!)
8. On Saturday I get to design the bouquets.. My favorite part.. I have 7 bouquets to do.. They all will be gorgeous! Again the working time will be about 6 to 7 hours. Also packaging everything so it looks wonderful! Naming each one..
9. The day of: aww here is they real test.. I will be delivering this wedding.. Now here comes the tricky part.. packing it in the car, so it doesn’t get damaged.. how fun is that??!
10. Now comes the part where you need to be ON TIME! Time is an issue here! Hopefully it isn’t hotter than hell, and I would be sooooo worried about the “wilt” part.. No matter how great you are being sure about the hydration?? There is always the possibility of the “wilt” happening.. Have to be prepared and have extra just in case.. have extra flowers,  ribbon, tulle, pins, you name it, you may need it! If you don’t, then it is a for sure thing that you should have BROUGHT IT WITH YOU! So go prepared. Get everything set up.. Stand back make sure everything is absolutely perfect.. put extra flowers on the cake table, just in case.. put your other stuff back in the car.. and go get dressed if you are attending the wedding! This is also the time, if you like to have a “BRANDY”, this would be the time! And now you are confident that everything absolutely PERFECT!! WOOO HOOO and your day is your own! Enjoy the wedding..
Below is the beginnings of the next 3 days.. I will share the finished artistic creations when I am finished..

Now is Saturday June 9, 2012.. The flowers are done.. View Flowers below..

1 comment:

  1. You have shared an amazing post. Glad to know these tips. Few months ago, I arranged my cousin’s wedding at one of best Seattle Wedding venues. Had arranged beautiful flowers decorations. Everyone loved my work.

    ReplyDelete