Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Saturday, April 13, 2013

Elected Senior Regent Chapter 1691

I am now the new Senior Regent of our local Moose Lodge here at Clearlake Oaks.
It has been an extremely stressful week. Being Senior Regent is hard work!! I know this is the second time I have done it. I was Senior Regent  in 2006-07 and now 6 years later I am at again.. It’s not a cake walk believe me.. I have had to ask a number of women if they could serve as a “chair person” during my term, it is a commitment that not all want to participate and then some gladly take on the responsibility. Basically that is taking one month of my ensuing year and cook a dinner and a bit more. Finally got my “slate” officers/chair people.. full.. Being an officer is a big commitment. A lot of hard work and many many hours of volunteering. Plus I always need to find people to help work and not always does that work out. But all in all it is fun time with lots and lots of activities! Kind of like having lots of “Parties”.. And I think I am pretty good at throwing a party.. Smile 
Thankfully Everett is my best support! I don’t think I could do this without him.. Just love that guy!!

There is a lot of phone calling, making copies of book material for the installation. Preparation for the actual ritual of the installation, like practices.. Also since I am also the “flyer” person I was working on different flyers for upcoming events so we could get them into our newsletter that the deadline is this week for May/June calendar.. I am also the web page designer and I keep it up to date the best that I can.. Smile Lots and Lots..
To get some relief from this stress this week Ev and I took the kayaks out out on the lake for a few hours on Wednesday.. We got to relax, get some sun and kick back a bit.. Very nice.. In the meantime we purchase a bunch of Strawberry's. So over the course of a couple mornings I made up some jam.. 33 jars..

006

Today (Saturday) we have a surprise birthday party to go to.. as well as our Cowboy/Cowgirl dance at the Moose this evening.. Fun day in store.. Not before going down into the garden and getting rotor tilled and ready to plant.. Smile

On Sunday is our monthly meeting with the Philosophical Society, this month at the Riviera, about 35 will attend.. Smile

Next weekend gets crazy as well.. Fashion Show at the Moose.. Then dance at the Keys’ club Saturday night..
Sunday morning leave for Yosemite come home on the 25th..
Installation of Officers on the 27th at the Moose.. and the roller coaster has hit the tracks!! wooo hooo here we go!!!

Check out our Moose Lodge and come to an event.. The events are listed under??? “EVENTS” tab Smile

http://www.mooselodge2284.org/

Me at work in the garden this week>>

001


 

No comments:

Post a Comment