Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Saturday, January 30, 2010

Money Lent

“Lend money to an enemy, and thou will gain him, to a friend/cousin and thou will lose him.”
Just about 4 years ago I lent money ($4,000.00) to a friend/cousin. I had no idea that it would be an infinite amount of time when I lent it to her. Maybe a year or two, but it has been 4 years!
She was desperate and seeing this desperation out of the goodness of my heart I lent it to her. I lent it to her because I love her and her family. Last year  ( 3 years later) when I approached her about it, she acted as if I had done something wrong?? Apparently she doesn’t love me as much as I loved her at the time when she wanted the money. She has even gone to the point of asking me if I have said anything to anyone about this loan? I am not exactly sure why that matters other than maybe she is trying to make an excuse to she doesn’t have to pay me back?? She even told me last year that money will never come between us.??? I haven’t heard from her since last year in January..  Obviously, it is coming between us..
She has made no attempt to make payments or make the loan good. I can now see why you don’t lend money to friends/cousins. She took advantage of my generosity, my love and my caring about her. I am feeling pretty used.  I would have never of thought she would act like this, guess I am pretty naive. I know there have been opportunities for her to pay me back even if it was a little at a time. But no.. She “borrowed” the money it was NOT a gift!
Analogy: Don’t borrow money from a friend and don’t lend money to a friend! either way you will loose them! Probably not by choice.
After writing this a miracle happened! We were paid back, but not with out hard feelings. It seems like I am the bad guy.. go figure..?? We were paid the full amount, no interest and a comment of, “I heard you were saying bad stuff about us”? I never did say anything bad about anyone. I had kind of hoped there would have been a, “Thank you” and “I am sorry it too me so long to pay it back”… nope..
We got the money and we will probably never hear from them again because we lent the money and she had to pay it back.. I lent the money out of love and kindness and get repaid with bitterness and ridicule..uumm??

No comments:

Post a Comment