Beautiful Clearlake in California

Beautiful Clearlake in California
Pacific Ocean/Mendocino Feb 2016
Update: March 6th, 2016.
After a very very long year of learning to live a new life with my most recent handicap. I am getting movement in my arm!! :) It started the end of August and has been progressing, slowly. My issues with paranioia and depression are also getting better. I am confident that things will continue to progress. However, loosing a whole YEAR of my life is devastating to say the least. However, keeping a positive attitude for the most part has been a huge challenge, but I do it. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging and helpful. Thank you..




Thursday, January 28, 2010

Concerns about Clear Lake

sunset 013

For the past couple of years we here in Lake County have in drought. Our poor lake is suffering incredible changes. We have record low water levels, algae blooms that look like islands from satellite photos, this past summer. See article on the algae bloom below>>
http://lakeconews.com/content/view/11958/919/
I know we are all worried about the current lake levels. We are all praying for some great amounts of rain to fill our lake as well as all the other lakes in the area that too are thirsting for torrential down pours. Our rainy months have arrived. So far January (mid) hasn’t proved to be very wet. Our last rainfall was over the New Year which didn’t prove to give us much measurable rain. I do believe we are at about 8 inches for our current year’s total. We need at least 30 inches.. Doesn’t really seem like much, but I guess it doesn’t take much to sustain our lake.
I started writing this view on Clearlake as you can see mid-January. Since then we have had an enormous amount of rain to help fill our lake. Rain started 1/17 and fell through 1/26. The came up over 4 feet in that short time, that is quite a bit of rain accumulation in a short time. I have tried numerous time to find rain totals for Clear Lake and I have had no luck??
In the meantime Clear Lake is doing wonderfully with all the new great amounts of rain that we have received. We aren’t out of the woods yet, we still could use another 5 feet added to the totals that we have now. Someone once told me for each one inch of rain we get the lake will come up 1 foot?? uummm, not quite sure if that works, but sounded good to me at the time.
Below and above you will see a photos I took  of the Clearlake Oaks part of Clear Lake from our deck on Wednesday January 26, 2010. Gorgeous Sunset. We get such dramatic sunsets in the winter. I love all the seasons we have here at Clear Lake! We are truly blessed to live in such a beautiful area of Northern Calfornia.. Come enjoy Clearlake, rent one of our vacation homes here at Clearlake>>
Rent a Vacation Home here at Clear Lake, CA

sunset 004

No comments:

Post a Comment